What is a Full Smile Makeover?
A full smile makeover is a term used to describe a cosmetic treatment plan that combines two or more dental procedures to address the aesthetic concerns of one’s smile.
This can be as simple as receiving tooth-colored, composite resin fillings to restore a tooth that has been affected by decay and then having your teeth whitened. It can also encompass more restorative services like crowns, bridges, and even dental implants.
Cosmetic Treatments that can be Included in a Smile Makeover
A full-smile makeover is designed to meet the unique needs of the patient by choosing the most effective treatments and coordinating them to maximize the patient’s time and budget.
- Amalgam-Free White Fillings – A composite resin material is used to create strong and durable fillings that don’t detract from your smile.
- Teeth Whitening – See instant results with in-office teeth whitening or in about two weeks with a professional-strength take-home whitening gel that is used with custom-made trays.
- Porcelain Veneers – These thin shells of porcelain can completely transform teeth that are chipped, cracked, mildly misaligned, or have permanent discoloration.
- Crowns – Dental crowns are often created to replicate a natural tooth before it was damaged by decay or injury. They are shade matched to healthy teeth or ones that have been previously whitened.
- Fixed Bridges – To replace one or two missing teeth, this restoration uses crowned, healthy, adjacent teeth to secure the replacement tooth between them.
- Dental Implants – To completely replace a tooth from the bottom to the top, or as a support system for bridges and dentures, dental implants are the best way to preserve the shape of your jaw while returning function and beauty to your smile. The implant posts work as artificial tooth roots to provide both unsurpassed dental function and jawbone stimulation which reduces the risk of bone loss.
If teeth whitening is part of the treatment plan, then this service will be one of the first steps. That way, if you need any porcelain restorations (which cannot be whitened later), they can be shade-matched to your new, lighter smile.
Call Our Jackson, MS Dental Office to Learn More
Drs. Michael T. Tramel DDS and Mary Tison Brown are two dentists committed to helping patients in Jackson, MS and the surrounding communities, achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.